[Snort-sigs] false positive for SID 1288

flatline flatline at ...2714...
Mon Aug 9 06:27:01 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have come across what probably is a false positive for SID 1288. I
started to encounter numerous Snort alerts for this SID, and when I
researched some of them I noticed that the clients were requesting a file,
rather than attempting to exploit my server. I did a little Google search
and I came up with the following URL which explained the source of the
alerts: http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum39/2158.htm

I hope I've provided enough information for you to update the rule, but
feel free to contact me if you need additional data.

Thanks,

- flatline