[Snort-sigs] What is the & operator in byte_test for?

Alex Kirk alex.kirk at ...435...
Thu Aug 5 08:25:01 EDT 2004

All,

I know this reply is a few days late, but I can confirm that & is indeed
a bitwise AND and ^ does exist as a bitwise OR. They both call the C
bitwise operators.

I've created a bug to get this information put into the FAQ on Snort.org.

Alex Kirk
Research Analyst
Sourcefire, Inc.