[Snort-sigs] Re: AW: [Snort-users] ViruSNORT

Cilin cilin5 at ...144...
Wed Aug 4 13:38:00 EDT 2004

There you go:

http://www.bleedingsnort.com/

Regards,

Vents

--- jeffs at ...428... wrote:

> Anybody have the URL for bleeding-edge folks?  I
> visited once but now cannot find the URL.
> Thanks,

> > Seems to me that they are angry about the fact,
> that nobody gives feedback.
> >
> > I have contact the authors to find out how to get
> the rule-set and hope that
> > they answer soon. I will post it if I get one.
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Steffen
> >

> > I was doing some googling on supplemental snort
> rules and found a project I
> > don't remember being mentioned on the snort-users
> or snort-sigs lists called
> > ViruSNORT, which is dedicated to detecting worms,
> trojans, viruses, etc.
> > Looks interesting, as either a separate app or
> perhaps just to add the rules
> > to a base snort install.
> >
> > http://www.virusnort.research.kelsisiler.com/
> >
> > However, the download page seems to down at
> present...  :(
> >
> > Cool.  Thanks.  I would think that there might be
> some interest in this.
> > The "Bleeding-edge" rules now have an off-shoot
> called
> > bleeding-edge-malware, because of the number of
> malicious code releases
> > recently.

> noticed the changes on
> Linux.com, ITManagersJournal and NewsForge in the
> past few weeks? Now,
> one more big change to announce. We are now OSTG-
> Open Source Technology
> Group. Come see the changes on the new OSTG site.
> www.ostg.com

=====
Fair-weather friends are no friends at all. If you have done something that some people find distasteful then expect them to tell you so. A true friend will let you know how they feel but respect your right to choose, while a fair-weather friend will judge you by your actions and leave.

"Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment." -Lao Tzu