[Snort-sigs] AW: [Snort-users] ViruSNORT

Maetzky, Steffen (Extern) Steffen.Maetzky at ...2429...
Wed Aug 4 13:37:50 EDT 2004

Seems to me that they are angry about the fact, that nobody gives feedback.

I have contact the authors to find out how to get the rule-set and hope that
they answer soon. I will post it if I get one.

Greetings,

Steffen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:snort-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net] Im Auftrag von Charles
Heselton
Gesendet: Sonntag, 1. August 2004 20:09
An: David Glosser
Cc: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net; snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: Re: [Snort-users] ViruSNORT

----- Original Message -----
From: David Glosser <david_glosser at ...144...>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 08:39:55 -0400
Subject: [Snort-users] ViruSNORT
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net, snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net

I was doing some googling on supplemental snort rules and found a project I
don't remember being mentioned on the snort-users or snort-sigs lists called
ViruSNORT, which is dedicated to detecting worms, trojans, viruses, etc.
Looks interesting, as either a separate app or perhaps just to add the rules
to a base snort install.

http://www.virusnort.research.kelsisiler.com/

However, the download page seems to down at present...  :(

Cool.  Thanks.  I would think that there might be some interest in this.
The "Bleeding-edge" rules now have an off-shoot called
bleeding-edge-malware, because of the number of malicious code releases
recently.

--
Charlie Heselton
Network Security Engineer