[Snort-sigs] BleedingSnort.com Updates

Matthew Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Tue Aug 3 16:28:05 EDT 2004

Frank Knobbe wrote:

> Speaking of CVS... how would one download the rules (and subsequently
> track them) via CVS? What is the name if the CVS pserver? Is there a
> password on the anonymous account?

We don't have public cvs setup at this time. I'm on the fence about
doing so since we are working on a new php interface. The gist of that
interface will be that you can checkbox the rules you want to use and
then will have a script accessible url to pull the ruleset you define.

So at this time I'd rather not go through the hassle of enabling
anonymous cvs. But if development of the new interface takes longer than
we expect we'll make cvs available. I just don't want people to get used
to one thing and we then change it all again on you.

If you have a burning need to use cvs please contact me off list and we
can certainly work something out.

Thanks

Matt