[Snort-sigs] BleedingSnort.com Updates

Matthew Jonkman matt at ...2436...
Mon Aug 2 11:38:08 EDT 2004

We've had a few people ask if bleedingsnort.com has tapered off it's
activity in the last week or so since people are not seeing the list
traffic as before.

I can assure you we're still receiving and putting rules up as fast and
regularly as ever. We've chosen not to send every rule and change to the
list in the interest of not spamming the list. There weren't any
complaints that I'm aware of, but we were monopolizing the list activity.

Please visit http://www.bleedinsgsnort.com to see changes, and we
encourage you to use the oinkmaster tarball to auto-update, or pull the
rulesets direct.

We're also considering a daily or weekly diff to show new and changed
rules out of cvs sent to the list. If anyone thinks that'd be useful let
us know, and the frequency you'd prefer. If there's enough interest I'm
sure there's a script out there we can set in motion.

And thanks again to everyone sending in rules and tweaks. We're at 1045
rules now, and the false positives are a lot less than we ever expected.

Matt