[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-users] ViruSNORT

Charles Heselton charles.heselton at ...2420...
Sun Aug 1 11:09:02 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: David Glosser <david_glosser at ...144...>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 08:39:55 -0400
Subject: [Snort-users] ViruSNORT
To: snort-users at lists.sourceforge.net, snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net

I was doing some googling on supplemental snort rules and found a
project I don't remember being mentioned on the snort-users or
snort-sigs lists called ViruSNORT, which is dedicated to detecting
worms, trojans, viruses, etc. Looks interesting, as either a separate
app or perhaps just to add the rules to a base snort install.

http://www.virusnort.research.kelsisiler.com/

However, the download page seems to down at present...  :(

Cool.  Thanks.  I would think that there might be some interest in
this.  The "Bleeding-edge" rules now have an off-shoot called
bleeding-edge-malware, because of the number of malicious code
releases recently.

--
Charlie Heselton
Network Security Engineer