[Snort-sigs] snort_acid_rh9.pdf

Tue Apr 27 10:59:04 EDT 2004

The user name can be what ever you like.  I help about 50+ people a week
and wanted it standard so I could help them easier.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maetzky, Steffen (Extern) [mailto:Steffen.Maetzky at ...2429...]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 3:59 AM
To: 'snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net'
Subject: [Snort-sigs] snort_acid_rh9.pdf

Hi,

I have a question about P. Harpers installation-guide:

He wrote:

mysql> grant INSERT,SELECT on root.* to snort at ...42...;
--why? I would use:
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR snort at ...42...=PASSWORD('new_password');
grant INSERT,SELECT, UPDATE on snort.* to snort at ...42... identified by
'password';

(I think UPDATE is needed to update the last_sid value of table
snort.sensor)

mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to
snort at ...42...;  	--Isn't it better to use a user named acid?

grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to
acid at ...42...

mysql> grant CREATE, INSERT, SELECT, DELETE, UPDATE on snort.* to snort;
--for other sensors?

Thanks in advance,

Steffen