[Snort-sigs] spamassisan

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...1208...
Wed Sep 3 13:17:01 EDT 2003

At 10:40 AM 9/2/2003 -0400, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>is this junk normal?

Quite frankly, no it's not normal.. But it is being done by sourceforge,
who hosts the snort-sigs mailing list.

Sourceforge is using SpamAssassin in a broken manner. As best I can tell
they are forcing SA to always add a report, even in nonspam messages, and
always add it to the headers.

This is not normal default behavior for SA.

They also seem to have hacked the source code to not add a version header.
(SA 2.5x or newer always adds a version header, and only 2.5x or higher
uses that format of report).

So I'd venture to guess they have someone hacking the SA code to work
"their" way. Not exactly an ideal situation since they seem to not be doing
a very reasonable job of it.