[Snort-sigs] Snort Logs

Martin Jr., D. Michael martinm at ...1927...
Mon Oct 13 09:04:06 EDT 2003

I have tried the switch as you have indicated with the -x.  I still get
the logs in that unreadable format.

Help???

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Wagner [mailto:rwagner at ...447...]
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 9:16 AM
To: Martin Jr., D. Michael
Subject: RE: [Snort-sigs] Snort Logs

Try using Snort with the -X option:

       -X     Dump  the  raw  packet  data  starting  at the link layer.
This
              switch overrides the

 -l log-dir
              Set  the  output  logging  directory to log-dir.  All
plain
text
              alerts and packet logs go into this directory.  If  this
option
              is  not  specified,  the  default  logging  directory  is
set
              /var/log/snort.