[Snort-sigs] Snort Start Error

Mike Messick mikem at ...1951...
Wed Oct 8 10:42:05 EDT 2003

Hi Paul,

This might be better suited for the snort-users list, but I believe your
problem may be that your dynamic linker doesn't know about the
/usr/local/mysql/lib directory.

There are a couple of ways I've solved this in the past:

1 - probably the best/most correct:  Update your ld.so.conf file
(usually found in /etc/) and make sure it includes the
/usr/local/mysql/lib directory.  Then run 'ldconfig -v' and make sure the
/usr/local/mysql/lib directory is included in the output.

2 - create symlinks in /lib that point to the library files in
/usr/local/mysql/lib.  This works, as ld already knows about /lib, but
it's a little more messy than #1.

Hope this helps,

Mike Messick           Dona nobis pacem          rm -rf /bin/laden
PGP Key Fingerprint:                       email: mikem at ...1952...
2048/0x57318496 053B 412B 82FC 3808 E141  CDCD 74AE 01C5 5731 8496