[Snort-sigs] Whitehats rules versus Snort.org rules

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...189...
Mon Oct 6 08:36:10 EDT 2003

At 01:36 AM 10/5/2003, Jeff Nathan wrote:
>On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 01:04 PM, Gisler, Johnny wrote:
> > Then again, isn't Max serving time still?
>
>Max is living his life as a free citizen, focusing his considerable skills
>on a number of projects.  He's a valuable asset.

Agreed, he certainly should be out by now. I'm not sure what date he got
out on, but his full term would have been up in October of 2002. His
sentence in full was only 18 months, and he may have been out sooner on
some kind of parole or halfway program.

And I very much agree he's a valuable asset to computer security.. mistakes
have been made, but he's still a good guy.

However, the vision ruleset is currently still unmaintained, and thus is
still just a historical archive, which is really what matters from the
perspective of snort.