[Snort-sigs] Re: [Full-Disclosure] Mystery DNS Changes

Paul Tinsley pdt at ...1716...
Fri Oct 3 18:12:07 EDT 2003

    Yep it would, I threw those up real quick just to try and get some
visibility as to how much we were being affected by it.  Didn't put much
thought into it.  Just out of curiosity how many of those out there who
are using this or other similar rules are still seeing traffic to those
servers?  I have seen a steady flow of them even though the servers that
were distributing the malicious code seem to be down.
    I have written a script that gives me (from proxy logs) the union of
all URLS visited by those "infected" and I can't seem to track down a
common url that looks to be an infection vector.  Has anybody seen a
mail based version of this?