[Snort-sigs] capture email

Ricardo Londono rlondono at ...1999...
Tue Nov 4 06:00:08 EST 2003

The legal question is not a problem.  But after thinking about this and reading the various responses I have to agree that snort is not the right tool.

I will look at doing this at the MTA level or Mail Server level.

thanks for all responses!

Ricardo

>>> Brian Howard <drivah at ...1821...> 11/4/2003 1:55:37 AM >>>
Snort is really not the appropriate tool for the job of email monitoring.
Before you even head down this road you need to get really good legal
opinion from school district legal dept. on privacy rights and various
federal and depending on your state laws that might apply.