[Snort-sigs] snort 2.0 problems

Smith, Jim jsmith at ...1509...
Tue May 13 06:47:13 EDT 2003

What are the command line arguments you are using to start Snort?

Thank you,

James V. Smith, Jr. TISCA
Information Technology Security Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall S Jew [mailto:rjew at ...1507...]
Sent: May 12, 2003 10:17
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-sigs] snort 2.0 problems

Hi i am having problems with snort 2.0 for windows 2000. I have
downloaded  and installed the Win32 snort2.0 installer and the winpcap
program. However
when clock on the snort.exe file in the bin file, i'm not sure its running
or not. A screen flashes on and then off quickly. I check the processes
running and i don't see anything related to snort. I'm wondering if i'm
doing the set up wrong for windows 2000? And if you can direct me in the
correct direction. (ie. any step by step documentation to set up snort2.0
for windows 2000)

Thanks, your time is greatly appreciated,
Randy Jew