[Snort-sigs] disable /var/log/snort logging

Nick White nwhite at ...1504...
Wed May 7 16:55:06 EDT 2003

MK:
If you really need to know, I reposted here because the answer that
Anderson Johnston gave didn't work.  I waited for a bit to see if anyone
else would respond, then decided to ask the gurus in snort-sigs.  I
replied to A.J.'s suggestion, but my mailer (outlook) didn't send my
reply to snort-sigs.  I have re-posted my reply to A.J over there.
Thanks for your "help".

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Kettler [mailto:mkettler at ...189...]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 2:20 PM
To: Nick White; Snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] disable /var/log/snort logging

At 11:25 AM 5/7/2003 -0700, Nick White wrote:
>(reposting from snort-users)

And why did you repost here? you got an answer over on snort-users... If

the suggestions provided by Anderson Johnston didn't work, you should
follow up there, not here.

This is the signatures development list. You posted to the right list in

the first place, and did get an answer, but the list will assume that
the
suggestions he made (even if they have a ton of caveats) worked unless
you
point out that it doesn't work for you.