[Snort-sigs] snort rules.

Nigel Houghton nigel.houghton at ...435...
Fri Jun 20 07:04:15 EDT 2003

Genrally speaking the documents aren't assigned, so it is possible that
efforts may be duplicated. However, if someone produces extra
information or more up to date information on the underlying
vulnerability then it is incorporated into the original document and the
submitter is given credit.

All the documentation submitted over the past two weeks is in the
process of being reviewed and edited. The accepted documents will be
posted over the coming weeks. Anyone who is anxiously waiting for a
T-Shirt will have to bite their nails a little longer, they will be
contacted off-list for T-Shirt size and shipping information.

There are a couple of people who have submitted quite a bit more than 20
documents, they submit documents on a regular basis and have their work
added to the document store after review. These people generally let me
know which section of the ruleset they are looking at, or what their
particular expertise happens to be and concentrate on writing documents
that pertain to their field of knowledge.

Feel free to hammer away at documents and submit them, contributions to
the community are always welcomed.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:48:00 -0400