FW: [Snort-sigs] Resp Keyword in Windows XP!!

Esler, Joel Contractor joel.esler at ...783...
Wed Jul 30 06:10:07 EDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Esler, Joel Contractor
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:07 AM
To: 'jthomas at ...1718...'
Subject: RE: [Snort-sigs] Resp Keyword in Windows XP!!

Did you compile with flex-resp?

-----Original Message-----
From: jthomas at ...1718... [mailto:jthomas at ...1718...]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 4:18 AM
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Snort-sigs] Resp Keyword in Windows XP!!

Hello,

  I was wondering if you could tell me why I get a Warning: Unkown
keyword 'resp' in rule when I activate Snort?  I am running Snort on a
Windows
XP machine for a school project.  We were asked to right a rule that would
detect inbound Telnet and would reset both the sender and the receiver.  I
am
using the command line version of Snort...I believe it is version 2.0.  Here

is the resp section of the rule that is saved in the local.rules file:
(resp:
rst_all; msg:"Inbound Telnet Attempt";).  Hopefully you can help me!!

Thanks For Your Time,

Jason