[Snort-sigs] capturing and inspecting an email!

"Héroux, Christian" Christian.Heroux at ...1655...
Fri Jul 4 15:10:11 EDT 2003

Hello all !

      I would like to make a rule not base on a single packet but on the whole sequence of packet forming an email to check for the word "password" and log that email. I have checked the rules and they only inspect at the level packet! How do you use the preprocess Stream4 when writing a rule?

Can you point out some exemple with preprocess Stream4 and Stream4_Reassemble...

Thanks