[Snort-sigs] RIAA "hack-back" sig anyone?

dreamwvr at ...1181... dreamwvr at ...1181...
Tue Jan 14 11:53:06 EST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:51:00AM -0800, Florin Andrei wrote:
> http://212.100.234.54/content/6/28842.html
>
> <quote>
> The RIAA is preparing to infect MP3 files in order to audit and
> eventually disable file swapping.
> Gobbles claims that when a peer to peer host is infected, it catalogs
> media and sends the information "back to the RIAA headquarters (through
> specifically crafter requests over the p2p networks) where it is added
> to their records", and also propagates the exploit to other nodes.
> </quote>
nope it might be a good idea to use kazaa as a litmus test for this
pattern. Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,
dreamwvr at ...1181...

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#