[Snort-sigs] Problem with pop3.rules and ftp.rules

Russell Fulton r.fulton at ...575...
Tue Feb 11 17:48:03 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 09:48, Chris Green wrote:
> Frank Knobbe <fknobbe at ...1264...> writes:
>
> Try the following barely tested backport against 1.9 CVS to see if it
> makes everyone happy.

Thanks Chris!

Initial report:  Looks good, downloaded stable snapshot, applied patch
and build snort without problems.  Have run for an hour with out
problems and no false +ves.  This is not conclusive but we usually
average one or two false +ves an hour.

(oops -- not quite true.  I had to edit make file to remove version
number from aclocal and some other commands).

I'll keep a close eye on it for the next day or so...

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin