[Snort-sigs] Rules current -> 1.9

Frank Knobbe fknobbe at ...1264...
Sat Feb 8 15:13:01 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 11:41, Brian wrote:

> There is a reason I havn't been updating 1.9, because its a royal pain
> in the ass.  Its great that you are tackling the problem, but there are
> many issues that need to be delt with before your work will be merged.

Brian,

thank you for taking time yesterday to go through the rule merges.
However, the current stable-rules tarball on snort.org is incomplete.
The sid, sid-msg.map, etc files are not updated. Furthermore, there were
several signatures that were missing in RPC and two in MISC. Also,
DELETED.rules was not updated.

Please check out attached tarball which is a merge of my rule set
compilation from current and yours. I added the two IMAP rules with
pre-byte-test versions, but those were the only two rules I could find
that were replaced with byte_tests.

Anyhow, the byte_test rules have now been commented out, but left in the
rule files for informational purposes only. As said, two of these are
replaced with working 1.9 versions.

Please verify the completeness of attached 'rule-ball' and post to
snort.org.

Cheers,
Frank