[Snort-sigs] Sid 2003

Michael.Advani at ...1221... Michael.Advani at ...1221...
Wed Feb 5 21:45:02 EST 2003

Both -current and -stable after I download, I cannot open with Winzip. Are
they only for unix environment ? How can I update my signature for NT
environment then ?

Cheers!

-----Original Message-----
From: Erek Adams [mailto:erek at ...95...]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 1:09 AM
To: Michael Wright
Cc: Snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Sid 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Michael Wright wrote:

> Call me crazy, but I can't find SID 2003 (SQL Slammer) in the normal
> signature set anywhere.
>
> The News page for Snort.org says "The rule is available at here or from
your
> normal rule updates."  I'm downloading
> http://www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-stable.tar.gz and I don't find
the
> SQL slammer rule, SID 2003.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or has it been omitted?

Nope.  The rule is in -current not in -stable.  It's not been backported
into -stable yet.

You should be able to have a look at it and manually add it yourself.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

Email Address Change Notice:

   Please note that my email address has changed to "Michael.Advani at ...1219...".

The information in this Internet email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this Internet
email by anyone else is unauthorised.

contained in this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in any applicable governing ING's terms of business or
client engagement letter.

Visit us at www.ing.com