[Snort-sigs] Snort rules update procedure

Matt Kettler mkettler at ...189...
Mon Dec 22 13:44:02 EST 2003

At 07:10 AM 12/17/2003, Javi Mesquida wrote:
>what is the correct procedure for update snort rules?
>I have customized snort.conf, and some rules to avoid
>false positives. Have I to edit all the rules every
>time I update it?
>How can I know what rules have changed and what no?

This is probably better suited to snort-users... snort-sigs is a list about
signature design and development, not usage and system configuration.

That said, you should look at oinkmaster.. this is a tool to help automate
integrating updates and keep some of your customizations.

http://oinkmaster.sourceforge.net/