[Snort-sigs] what does this command do?

Schmehl, Paul L pauls at ...1311...
Mon Apr 28 10:00:02 EDT 2003

man snort

-c config-file
        Use the rules located in file config-file.
-d Dump the application layer data when displaying
   packets in verbose or packet logging mode
-v Be verbose.  Print packets out to the console.
   There is one big problem with verbose mode:  it's
   slow.  If you are doing IDS work with Snort, don't
   use the '-v' switch, you WILL drop packets.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at ...1311...)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member