[Snort-sigs] ftp rules question - why only external to internal?

Terence Runge terencerunge at ...1224...
Fri Apr 25 10:11:06 EDT 2003

This depends entirely on what you deem important to monitor for. What do
you define an $EXTERNAL_NET? In some instances, I have defined specific
vlans as the $EXTERNAL_NET or $HOME_NET, especially when running snort
for site to site internal monitoring sniffing the uplink. Create virtual
interfaces and try running multiple instances of snort with well defined
snort.conf and *.rules.

-tcr