[Snort-sigs] Problems with SID 498: ATTACK RESPONSES id check returned root

Sam Evans sam at ...219...
Fri Apr 11 09:19:06 EDT 2003

Well, the argument then becomes a policy one.  The problem we face is that
there are thousands of machines that are managed by several different
groups.  To have the rule fire when someone types 'id' from an internal
network is pointless.  We'd spend all of our day chasing around legitimate
users.