[Snort-sigs] Demande d'aide

John Hally JHally at ...1106...
Mon Apr 7 11:18:04 EDT 2003

check out www.superhac.com

he has a step-by-step install for an enterprise snort setup. Mr. Scott has
done some outstanding work. Works perfectly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Saad Kadhi [mailto:saad at ...886...]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 11:41 AM
To: snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Demande d'aide

ok here is a Free Translation(tm) ;-)...

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:38:41AM -0400, Esler, Joel  Contractor wrote:
> We can possibly assist you, however the majority of us speak english.  We
> understand your difficulty, however, we can better assist you if we find a
> common language.  I have a hard time understanding every word (with my
> limited 4 years of high school french)..

> Je suis une étudiante algerienne en 5ème année informatique.
I'm an algerian computer science student (last year before graduation).

> J'ai un PFE sur les systèmes de détection d'intrusion (ids), j'ai pris
comme
> exemple SNORT, MAIS malheureuseument j'ai pas su le configurer,
l'installer
> et le faire en marche!
my graduation project is about intrusion detection systems (ids), I took
SNORT as an exemple, HOWEVER I didn't know how to configure it,  install
it and making it work!

> J'ai jeté un coup d'oeuil sur votre PDF concernant cela, mais c'était sous
> "Linux" alors que je travaille sous Windows98
I gave a look at your PDF regarding this topic, but it was under "Linux"
and my platform is Windows 98.

> Pouvez vous me fournir en détail les étapes à suivre le plus vite
possible.
Can you give me the steps I need to follow in  detail  and  as  soon  as
possible?

> En vous informant que vous êtes mon dernier reau de secours, veuillez
agreer
> monsieur l'expression de mon respect profond.
I inform you that you are my  last  resort.  Please  accept  my  deepest
regards.

> MERCI
THANK YOU.

--
Saad Kadhi -- [saad at ...886...] [saad.kadhi at ...1439...]
[pgp keyid: 35592A6D http://pgp.mit.edu]