[Snort-sigs] snort sigs development process

counter.spy at ...52... counter.spy at ...52...
Sat May 4 13:06:01 EDT 2002

Hi,
I have submitted two signatures for RealSecure 6.5 some days ago.
Those are not very spectacular, since they don't indicate any attacks but
rather normal RealSecure communication (i.e. initialization of), but I would be
interested in how such submitted signatures are furtherly handled by the
community, i.e. how the procedure goes.

Maybe you could tell me a little about this or point me to the appropriate
documentation, if there is such to be found on the snort.org website (I
haven't found much on this)?

I would further appreciate to get some feedback about what other members of
the list think about the impact of my discovery and if anyone can confirm
that my signatures are functioning properly
(but maybe this is not the right place to ask for this, because snort users
don't use ISS Real(un)Secure? I don't know. ISS people, please forgive me the
(un), I am just kidding.
;-) ).

Thanks for any feedback, I really appreciate it.
Greetings,
D. Liesen

http://www.gmx.net