[Snort-sigs] Re: FW: Trying to detect Morpheus and Streaming multi

Mark Rogowski m.rogowski at ...463...
Thu Mar 21 12:45:41 EST 2002

Hi Johnathan,

An excellent writeup on capturing peer-to-peer traffic and blocking it was done by Laura Chappell in the December 2001 issue of Novell Connection. You can go here to download it:

http://www.nwconnection.com/past/index.html

>> 1)     I'm trying to find a way of detecting P2P file sharing programs such
as Kazaa and Morpheus.  I see the sig for Gnutella and it appears to be
working.  Is there on for these other programs? (from what I can tell, Kazaa
and Morpheus use tcp 1417 to make an initial conn).