[Snort-sigs] FW: Trying to detect Morpheus and Streaming multi.

Madziarczyk, Jonathan than at ...460...
Thu Mar 21 11:24:10 EST 2002

Hi, I think this is the right place for this....

1)     I'm trying to find a way of detecting P2P file sharing programs such
as Kazaa and Morpheus.  I see the sig for Gnutella and it appears to be
working.  Is there on for these other programs? (from what I can tell, Kazaa
and Morpheus use tcp 1417 to make an initial conn).

2)     I'm also trying to detect streaming multimedia coming into my network
(I assume this is a multicast of some kind).  Is there any sigs out there
that will check this for me?

Thanks in advance for you help!

JonM