[Snort-sigs] Hello!

Gautam Verma gautamcity at ...144...
Wed Mar 20 18:52:08 EST 2002

Respected Sir/Madam:

My name is Gautam Verma and I am a student at the
University of South Florida trying to do a project
based on SNORT.  We have to run SNORT in the NIDS mode
and all rule sets to collect data from the log file
and write a paper about our findings.  However, I do
not understand where it is that the "./snort -dev -l
./log -h 192.168.1.0/24 -c snort.conf" needs to be
inserted and also where can I get a rule set and how
do I go about using the rule set.  I would really
appriciate if I could get some help regarding this
matter.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Gautam.