[Snort-sigs] question about flow syntax

Martin Roesch roesch at ...435...
Mon Jun 24 21:49:02 EDT 2002

Flow is setup based on the three way handshake, the system that send the SYN
is the client and the receiver is the server.  It has little or nothing to
do with the way that the rule header is structured (although if the
constraints of the rule header aren't satisfied, the client-server
relationship will never get checked).  It's possible to write rules that
will rarely, if ever, fire if you get your rule header/flow relationship
backwards.

Sid 1284 and 1290 look good to me...

    -Marty