[Snort-sigs] Dsniff with Snort

benoni.martin at ...406... benoni.martin at ...406...
Wed Jun 12 03:44:03 EDT 2002

Hi, community!
I am trying to get some information about intern web browsing in my
company, and as Snort can not easily provides with this, I got Dsniff on
the web.
I tried it on a Debian 2.2, and it was OK, no problemn with running the
programm.I'm now trying to upgrade it on a RedHat 7.3 , ... and no way to
get it compiled! I have a couple of errors occuring when a "make" is
proceedeed in Dsniff's directory, pure compiling errors like:
      "./record.c:130:  'R_NOOVERWRITE' undeclared (first use of this
function)"
I cannot understand why the same programm does not compile RH 7.3. when it
compiles on Debian 2.2...

Maybe Dsniff 2.3 does not match with RH 7.3 requirements? I checked out the
versions of the 4 other packages needed by Dsniff, and I think I have the
right versions.

Anyone faced the same problem or anyone has a Dsniff running on its
computer and would be kind enough to provide me with it?

Thanks by advance!

MARTIN Bénoni

Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
confidentiels et etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au
titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.
				********
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and
intended solely for the addressees.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration.
Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates
shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.