[Snort-sigs] NB! New Klez rules, old ones raise false positiv es

East, Bill eastb at ...627...
Fri Jun 7 06:10:04 EDT 2002

For what it is worth, I've been using the signature that Onie Camara posted
to this list on 4/25 on my (low volume) network and have gotten zero false
positives. Like you, I can't be sure if any copies of the virus have passed,
but my AV solution hasn't seen them either.

The signature was
alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 25 (msg:"Virus - KLEZ on incoming
mail"; content:"TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALgAAAAAAAAAQAAAA"; sid:720;
classtype:misc-activity; rev:3; resp:rst_all;)