[Snort-sigs] sid:617 usage requested.

Steve Halligan agent33 at ...22...
Thu Jan 17 13:58:11 EST 2002

alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $HOME_NET 22 (msg:"SCAN
ssh-research-scanner"; flags: A+; content:"|00 00 00 60 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 01 00 00 00|"; classtype:attempted-recon; sid:617; rev:1;)

I took the time to install sshscan (serveral different versions actually)
and the content from the above rule does not show up anywhere in a packet
dump of the scan.  Now it is possible that the SSH Research Scanner (now
defunct) from University of Alberta used an altered form of the scanner that
did have the above in the payload.