[Snort-sigs] Re: snortrules-current not updated since 22 - July

Russell Fulton r.fulton at ...575...
Wed Aug 7 14:53:04 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 11:16, Russell Fulton wrote:
> HI,
> 	Is the auto update of the snort rules running correctly?  So far as I
> can tell the snortrules-current.tar.gz.md5 has not changed since at
> least 22 of July.

I take it all back!  The problem is in my system that retrieves the
rules.  It was detecting that the file had changed and was retrieving it
then silently dying before updating the running rule set. It left things
in a state that thoroughly confused me and confounded my attempts to
check what was happening.

My apologies for the confusion and my thanks to those who pointed out
that they were getting updated files without problems.

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin