[Snort-sigs] SMTP versus POP3

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at ...481...
Sun Apr 28 12:55:02 EDT 2002

Hi,

I noticed that most of the virus/worm rules are for POP3 traffic only. I
would expect that SMTP is even a more likely candidate for this sort of
traffic.

I could not tell wether IMAP might be usefull as well but I find the lack
of SMTP signatures a bit disturbing.

Hugo.

PS: I know I could just copy it and change 110 into 25 but I would expect
a more permanent solution.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij at ...481...		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/