[Snort-sigs] Does anyone have a Virus Signature for the "mnsvc.exe" downloadable trojanyet?

VANCE BRAMMER BRAMMERV at ...541...
Fri Apr 19 18:05:56 EDT 2002

We have also seen this mnsvc.exe (Downloader.Trojan) on several
workstations. It was accompanied by two other trojan
executables...ausvc.exe and absr.exe (Backdoor.Trojan). Has anyone else
seen these other executables? Does anyone have any information on any of
these?

Vance Brammer
Network Administrator
brammerv at ...541...

Marion Technical College
1467 Mt. Vernon Ave.
Marion, Ohio 43302
(740) 389-4636 Ext. 335

>>> <e.security at ...495...> 4/17/2002 10:01:45 AM >>>
We detected the presence of a file called "mnsvc.exe" as a
downloadable
trojan this week.  So far, Symantec has not published anything for
this,
nor have any of the other Antivirus sites.

I am unsure of how this virus spreads, but please comment if you have
seen
similar.

Thanks