[Snort-sigs] snort-sid-1260

John Berkers John.Berkers at ...78...
Fri Apr 19 18:05:51 EDT 2002

Please find attached  details for sig ID 1260.  I haven't locked the sig in
the database because I am unable to get onto the snort site.

 <<snort-sid-1260.txt>>

Apologies for re-use of SecurityFocus information for the Detailed
Information field.  It is hard to put the same information into one's own
words.

My motivation for documenting this signature is a number of false-positives
I have had on this rule.  This rule has triggered for me several times due
to an extremely long URL (with parameters etc) and a quite normal length
basic autorisation string.

Happy snorting.

John Berkers                           john.berkers at ...78...
Network Services - Hansen Technologies
Ph: +61 3 9840 3833    Fax: +61 3 9840 3099   Mob: +61 419 532 312