[Snort-sigs] Does anyone have a Virus Signature for the "mnsvc.exe" downloadable trojan yet?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at ...481...
Wed Apr 17 09:57:26 EDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002 e.security at ...495... wrote:

> We detected the presence of a file called "mnsvc.exe" as a downloadable
> trojan this week.  So far, Symantec has not published anything for this,
> nor have any of the other Antivirus sites.
>
> I am unsure of how this virus spreads, but please comment if you have seen
> similar.

I would suggest you check if sulfnbk.exe is present as well.

Then checkout: http://hoaxinfo.com/sulfnbk.htm

Please verify it is what you said. In case of doubt send it to the various
addresses that are there to round up suspects. (Like: support at ...525...)

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij at ...481...		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/