[Snort-sigs] Re: [Snort-users] Definitions of snort signatures

Don Weber Don.Weber at ...193...
Tue Nov 13 11:42:03 EST 2001

I have tried designating the snort.conf
  -rulesfile /dir/dir/snort-1.8.1-RELEASE/snort.conf
and the rules directory
  -rulesdir /dir/dir/snort-1.8.1-RELEASE
but I get the same results

Don

"Don Weber" <Don.Weber at ...194...> writes:

> I found the sp_reference.h but I am not sure how to implement it.
> None of the links that show up on the snortsnarf webpages link to a
> description of the alert.  Is there a flag that needs to be set when I
> start snort or when I run snortsnarf?  If I find the sp_reference.h
> and .c in the snort dir was it included in the build without setting a
> flag?  Thanks for the help......Don

Not AFAIK.  Perhaps you aren't giving SnortSnarf the location of your
ruleset.
--
Chris Green <cmg at ...26...>