[Snort-sigs] virus sigs for snort 1.81

Michael Scheidell scheidell at ...183...
Sat Nov 3 17:43:01 EST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "John McNey" <john.mcney at ...187...>
To: <snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 03, 2001 6:55 PM
Subject: [Snort-sigs] virus sigs for snort 1.81

> guys,
>
> Per virus rules, I'm requesting an updated virus sig list...
>
> Actually, does source forge maintain a list for signature updates?  And
> if so, how does one get on that list?  If not, the virus sigs would be
> helpful...

I don't think that the virus list is being maintained.
Too many, and it should be taken care of by commercial mail scanners
(and enforcement of 'no pop from office' policies)

however if you want to volunteer this is in the current set:

# NOTE: These rules are NOT being actively maintained.
#
#
# If you would like to MAINTAIN these rules, e-mail
# snort-sigs at lists.sourceforge.net

you can dl he latest rule set at
http://www.snort.org/downloads/snortrules.tar.gz