[Snort-sigs] rule updates

Study List studylist at ...12...
Mon Dec 17 14:04:03 EST 2001

I am running the current version of snort and have spent the last 2 days
configuring it so that I dont log certain things.  I would like to update
the rules files withouth losing my changes that I have made to files like
web-misc.rules and icmp.rules.   I added custom rules to local.rules and
commented out or deleted rules from other files.

Any possible way to do this?  I tried diff and patch but it sees a commented
rule as being different than the original rule (as it is since it has a #).

adam