[Snort-openappid] Facebook website is blocked, but the mobile app isn't.

Costas Kleopa (ckleopa) ckleopa at cisco.com
Mon Jun 18 11:06:19 EDT 2018

The Facebook Mobile app is using a different protocol for SSL in which we had to create some improvements in our latest releases.
I would suggest using the latest snort-openappid.tar.gz build from our https://snort.org/downloads website in which includes any of these fixes.

For signatures like fb_messsage, fb_search, those will not work without decrypting the traffic.