[Snort-openappid] OpenAppID custom detector

Costas Kleopa (ckleopa) ckleopa at cisco.com
Mon Apr 23 20:49:19 EDT 2018

Could you share a small sample Pcaps and the lua script you generated for us to see what the issue is?

On Apr 23, 2018, at 3:47 PM, Deivison Xavier via Snort-openappid <snort-openappid at lists.snort.org<mailto:snort-openappid at lists.snort.org>> wrote:

I forgot to mention, I already used the tool, I can generate the .lua file. But in the log processing only appears as "unknown", the defined name appears.

You can use the “appid_detector_builder.sh” tool that comes with Snort’s tarball in the bin directory.

YM