[Snort-openappid] Using Snort on pfsense

Costas Kleopa (ckleopa) ckleopa at cisco.com
Mon Apr 23 10:39:33 EDT 2018

Cory,

I just want to double check if you are using the “-k none” to not ignore traffic bad checksums and “-P 9000 “ to handle jumbo frames.

If that’s already there and it’s not working, try testing it with something other than Facebook. Some of the traffic from Facebook is not using the standard TLS protocol, they have a slightly different version of their own in which it’s causing us not to identify it. We have an upcoming update on the Open Source Package which will allow us to detect the Facebook traffic better.