[Snort-openappid] Trouble detecting Skype App

Shayne Civitarese shayne.civitarese at wedgenetworks.com
Tue Oct 3 11:47:37 EDT 2017

Thanks for the reply, I meant web.skype.com in my previous message. I was just recently able to get detection of Skype traffic using Windows Live Messenger as the OpenAppID.

It's worth mentioning an issue I am now having with detecting WhatsApp. The desktop client gets detected fine, but the mobile device (Android) does not seem to get detected. Sending an image will trigger the OpenAppID for whats app on the mobile, but not a log in event or normal chat traffic.

Thanks,
Shayne