[Snort-openappid] Trouble detecting Skype App

Shayne Civitarese shayne.civitarese at wedgenetworks.com
Mon Oct 2 13:59:06 EDT 2017

I am having issues detecting both Skype and Skype for business traffic
using OpenAppId. Can anyone confirm that the provided OpenAppId
detectors are sufficient for detecting traffic of the Skype App? I am
attempting to use the windows desktop client, the webapp from
chat.skype.com and the App from the Google Play store for Android. I am
able to detect other applications like WhatsApp, but not Skype. I can
post further details to help troubleshoot if anyone can confirm
OpenAppId can detect Skype.

Thanks,

Shayne Civitarese