[Snort-openappid] snort appID - application category

Tue Feb 16 09:19:39 EST 2016

Unfortunately we don’t have this supported through OpenAppID.

On Feb 16, 2016, at 12:46 AM, Rajul Shrivastava <rajul_shrivastava84 at ...36...<mailto:rajul_shrivastava84 at ...36...>> wrote:

Dear Friends,

I want to know if there is some setting which gives the category of an application.

For example if I browse "www.facebook.com<http://www.facebook.com>" snort will detect the application and return the category something like "social networking"

In case of filpkart.com<http://filpkart.com> it will return "online shopping" etc

Thanks,
Rajul.